Solar Cells and Photonic Crystals

A place to discuss solar cells and photonic crystals, both in theory and experiment.

Monday, April 17, 2006

welcome

This is the first entry for my blog on photonic crystals. My name is Peter Bermel, and I'm a grad student in the physics department at MIT. In this blog, I plan to cover issues arising from my research in photonic crystals under John Joannopoulos, and also other issues of interest in physics (particularly optical or quantum physics). To give you an idea of the research I've done so far, have a look at my publications page.

In future installments of this blog, I will plan on explaining individual projects and their development in detail, while avoiding technical information or jargon as much as possible.

Also, I welcome participation from my readers. Feel free to post comments or questions and I'll do my best to answer them!

1 Comments:

At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,
I am a Master's student starting out in the field. I have a question about single defect in 2 D PC. If I introduce a single defect by irregular radius, for some radius values more than one defect modes are formed. Is there any way the theory can predict how many modes shoud form at what radius and at what frequency? Like I said I am very new in the field and my question might sound really dumb to you. Please bear with me.
Thank you,
Khin

 

Post a Comment

<< Home